Public rights of way
The West Berkshire Council Consolidated ‘Definitive Map and Statement’ (DMS), published 1 March 2019, shows Public Rights of Way (PROWs) that existed on 14 August 2019.
If a route isn’t shown on the map, it doesn’t necessarily mean a PROW didn’t exist at that time – evidence might come to light showing forgotten, historic PROWs should be added, or showing that new PROWs have come into existence through long use by the public.
Map user guide
- Open map and select Mortimer in the search box (box left corner)
- Click the Layer List diamonds in the top right corner of the screen to the left of the ‘i’
- ‘Untick’ (by clicking on) each heading in the Layer List that appears, except ‘Countryside’.
- Click on the small arrow immediately left of the tick alongside ‘Countryside’
- Expand the ‘Countryside’ list by clicking the small > and check that ‘Public Rights of Way’ is the only item selected in the list that appears.
- Close the layer list
You can now see the public rights of way recorded on the Definitive Map.
You can adjust the
view using the “+” and “–“ symbols in the top left corner or by dragging with the mouse.